Practicing a way of being that allows you to see the world through uncorrupted, innocent eyes can free you to act in concert with the universe’s timetable.
The act of creation is an attempt to enter a mysterious realm.
The things we believe carry a charge regardless of whether they can be proven or not.
If you start from the position that there is no right or wrong, no good or bad, and creativity is just free play with no rules, it’s easier to submerge yourself joyfully in the process of making things.
Formulating an opinion is not listening. Neither is preparing a response, or defending our position or attacking another’s. To listen impatiently is to hear nothing at all.
Whether we know it or not, we’re a conduit for the universe.
- what are the rules in the systems that I work in?
- it takes a profound amount of work to make easy things appear easy
- all applications have state. some of it gets shared between users. if there’s no state, it’s a brochure.
- all applications are made up of layers of abstraction.
- UI is almost always typographic
- Good Design tells a story. It conveys a message of what the user is meant to do.
- 2D composition has heavy dimensionality.
Which leads to the question:
- what can’t I build today given the current technology?