- SDXL – A settings guide by Replicate - most important AI link this month, how to generate cats real good
- Large language models, explained with a minimum of math and jargon
- AI Research Blog - The Transformer Blueprint: A Holistic Guide to the Transformer Neural Network Architecture
- How to Use AI to Do Stuff: An Opinionated Guide
- The Next Token of Progress: 4 Unlocks on the Generative AI Horizon | Andreessen Horowitz
- So you want to build your own open source ChatGPT-style chatbot… - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
- Creating a flexible design token taxonomy for Intuit’s Design System | by Nate Baldwin | Jun, 2023 | Medium
- Writing CSS In 2023: Is It Any Different Than A Few Years Ago? — Smashing Magazine - There really has been a watershed moment in the past few years, and CSS features have been popping up left and right.
- New Viewport Units
- Position Driven Styles
- TypeScript and the dawn of gradual types
- ffmprovisr and Activities and Exercises - ffmpeg-artschool - once upon a time I dreamed of doing things with film and video. In retrospect it was a brief couple of years, but one of the things that I did not learn in film school was how to manipulate digital video outside of editing software. Luckily, I got to work on a project in the early days of Quick Left that touched ffmpeg, and I’ve been a casual user of it ever since. Both of these links are interesting. The first is what you always want to have when using a dauntingly complex CLI like
ffmpeg. The second link is mad science.
- Programmable Notes
- Work with the garage door up
- How to write good prompts: using spaced repetition to create understanding
- Multi-layered calendars « julian.digital
- Sierra Creative Interpreter – Scripts
- Joins 13 Ways
- The feeling of something waiting there for you and;
- Lit up like a sparkler - This is the first time that a tab is intentionally leaking from one month to the next. This set of links is just too good.
- How Samuel R. Delany Reimagined Sci-Fi, Sex, and the City | The New Yorker - I caved and upgraded my Apple account to bundle several separate accounts into a single bill, with the added benefit of Apple News+. I didn’t realize that came with a large selections of free magazines like The New Yorker. I was a subscriber for several years but the print issues pile up quickly. This is a profile of a new-to-me author, Samuel R. Delany. I picked up Dhalgren and am reading it now.
- ‘The Overflowing Brain’ by Torkel Klingberg
- Digression 1 - PRECISION: How America Made Machines Make Machines - First Draft | Books in Progress
- Building personal and organizational prestige | Irrational Exuberance
- Sentry Engineering
- Framework-defined infrastructure
- How Snowflake builds product - by Lenny Rachitsky
- Team Topologies
- Regex engine internals as a library - Andrew Gallant’s Blog
- Fast · Patrick Collison
- Welcome to The Net: every webpage from the 1995 movie The Net - Trivia Happy
- The Internet Tidal Wave